What Information Do We Collect
Science Editor collects information when you register on our site, place an order, register for a meeting, subscribe to a publication or member newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, or become a member.
When ordering or registering on the CSE site you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What We Use Your Information For:
The information we collect from you may be used in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.)
- To improve our website (We strive to improve our site offerings and we base those updates on the information and feedback we receive.)
- To improve customer service (This allows CSE to provide more information to you and to provide a more effective response to frequent requests received for customer service and support)
- To process transactions (Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company, without your consent, other than for the purpose of delivering your purchased product or service.)
- To send periodic emails (The email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order as well as occasional organization news, updates, related product or service information, etc.)
How We Protect Your Information
All supplied sensitive/credit card information is processed by Central Payment CO LLC. Central Payment CO LLC has partnered with ControlScan, an Approved Scanning Vendor by the Payment Card Industry, to fulfill Payment Card Industry compliance mandates. All information is always kept strictly confidential.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enable the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Disclosure of Information to Outside Parties
The Council of Science Editors accepts requests for rental of the CSE Member mailing list for programs, products, etc., that will advance members’ professional knowledge. These rentals are based on approval.
Occasionally CSE may include or offer links to third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites.
Terms and Conditions
Please visit our Terms and Conditions section, which outlines the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
This policy was last modified on 06/15/2016.